The Book I Had To Write
A new book is in the works that I am currently working on. It will be released in spring 2021. I originally planned to publish a book about the relationship between art & retail. It was meant to help savvy brands make the next steps towards creating truly transformative experiences for customers.
This was changed on March 5, 2020.
It is not an exaggeration for me to state that the pandemic will be a permanent marker in retail history, and one that will be remembered for many generations. It is possible that business students from all corners of the world will be studying its long-term impact on consumer behavior, corporate strategy, and other aspects in decades to come. All sectors will see this as the moment when everything changed. Every market, vertical, profession, product, or service category would experience a shift in its axis. For the first time in modern times, every cog, gear, and wheel in the global retail machine would come to a halt.
"All that was before Coronavirus (B.C.). "All that came before Coronavirus (B.C.)" - The strategies we pursued, the industry issues, and the trends and patterns we followed would seem insignificant or even irrelevant in an AC world after Coronavirus.
I realized that publishing a book that only emphasized the positive and erudite industry discussions of 2019, would be to ignore all the screaming elephants in the room.All that was before Coronavirus (B.C.). All that was before Coronavirus (B.C.) would seem insignificant or irrelevant in an AC world.This one string of biomedical calculations had changed the equation for global retail forever.
I called my publisher...
The case was made for a new book. A book that would cover the Covid-19 pandemic and its impact on the sector. And, most importantly, what the future retail landscape will look like when we open the doors to our metaphorical bomb shelters for self-isolation.
"A book to document the Covid-19 pandemic and its impact, as well as the future retail landscape that we can expect when we open the doors to our metaphorical bomb shelters for self-isolation."
As you are, I'm a witness to a crisis of unprecedented proportions. It is a story that needs to be told. It may not have been the book that I wanted to write, but it quickly became the book that I needed to write.
Global retail was devastated by the 2020 pandemic. This book will provide a guideline to help the industry rise from the ashes.
/ecommerce-trends-southeast-asia-2018/
/5-best-pos-systems-in-singapore/
/top-5-best-cloud-based-point-of-sale-solutions/

Comments
Post a Comment