You are backing up more than your information, right?


Every website owner should be backing up their site and database on a daily basis. If you are not, set up that immediately. But this is not what I am referring to when it comes to backups. I am referring to all the crucial aspects of your company. Here are some questions to ask yourself:

If worker X doesn't appear in your busiest day of the year, what are you going to do? Would you step in and do their job? Do some of your other workers know how to do their job? Otherwise, you need that key employee to record how they perform their job. This is very good practice if they go on holiday, get sick, cease, or be terminated.

In year's past, I have had critical part-time workers stop at a moment's notice during the busiest time of year. Fortunately, I had job postings written, posted them to Craigslist, and had replacements in as little as a day. In addition, I use a service named LaborReady to help with instant manual-labor needs.

If the printer you use for shipping labels expires, what's your plan? Are you going to run to Office Depot through a snow storm? Are you going to pull the printer from another worker's office? When our thermal printer expired one Christmas season, I was totally unprepared and my business came to a standstill. I could not fine one locally, spent hours reconfiguring labels to get a laser printer, and lost considerable order-processing moment.

If your Internet connection suddenly dies and you can't print postage, what are you going to do? We pay $6.95/month for dial-up online access ever since we lost our capacity to process orders for five hours during Christmas. There are other choices out there through 3G, tethering your telephone, etc..

If your payment processor goes down, what's your backup plan? I don't suggest having multiple payment processors. That is too much to take care of. However, does your order success page demand a successful response in the payment processor? If so, modify the code so that if the payment processor's API is inaccessible or times out, which you can just capture the order information and try to run the client's card afterwards.

For most online retailers, the Christmas season is our make-it or break-it period of the year. For my organization, we do almost 50 percent of our company for the whole year at a period of approximately 30 days. During this time, every minute counts. Plan for the worst by supposing that each and every thing will fail. Knowing what to do if the worst happens reduces stress and enhances the functioning of your enterprise.

Our products:

Magento 2 pos

Bigcommerce pos software

Woocommerce pos app

Shopify pos app

Commercetools Pos

MSI






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Payments, Payment Rails and Blockchains and the Metaverse

The Metaverse and the Potential of Blockchain

How to draw attention to your online store in a crowd-sourced marketplace 7 Ways to Stand Out Among the Sea of Competing Products